These legs were made for running. Who knew?!

Friday 22 July 2011

Life, part II....

Me after my 5th child

Me now
At 47 (and after having my 5th child at 45) this historically slightly overweight and always non-athletic mum recently completed her first half-marathon.  I am now training for another half-marathon and an (almost) Olympic length triathlon towards the end of the year.  In the process I have discovered new personal dimensions and a determination that I didn't know I was capable of.  I am an athlete, I am a runner.  

This first post is not meant to be an exhaustive blow by blow of each kilo lost and each kilometre run.  As I write this I am laying in my king size bed in my pyjamas surrounded by 5 slowly waking children ranging from 2 to 11. So by necessity I must keep this brief.  There will be plenty of time to discuss how I got here, what has worked for me, what hasn't and how this journey has impacted and continues to impact my life.

For now I simply say, with a willingness to give it a go anything is possible!

1 comment:

  1. Angela, you have always been beautiful, from way back in high school!! But wow, I never saw the before photo of you, only the recent after ones. You really transformed yourself, your hard work really paid off, way to go, Ang!! I look forward to your blog!

    ReplyDelete